Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Introduction

I've always enjoyed the concept of a journal, but I guess I always get bored after about a week or two, so this should be an interesting experiment.

This blog was started around one of my favorite hobbies: the art of geocaching. Never heard of it? Don't feel bad, I hadn't either until I stumbled across it on the internet. Now, a mere month after discovery, I own a wireless Bluetooth GPSr unit which works with my Dell Axim X30 PDA to make an efficient geocaching GPS unit. I love this little PDA, and I couldn't live without it, but that's another story altogether.

Rather than reinvent the wheel describing geocaching in it's entirety, I'll just post the link to the headquarters for geocaching all around the world: http://www.geocaching.com

Just a few days ago I was hunting for a "geocache calling card", something that can be used as a marker for caches I've visited. After a brief call with the local coin shop, I dropped by and picked up a huge bag of the old Mexican Pesos (you know, the ones that are worth 1000th of the current Peso, which coincidentally is only .10 cents to the US dollar). They are large and unique enough for my interests, so I think I'll be spending the next few weeks cleaning them up for use! Yay.

No comments: